2007年11月27日 星期二

<font color="#ff0000">Happy Birthday to Alfonso Cuarón!!!</font>












Alfonso Cuarón Orozco 



Nov 28, 1961 - Mexico City, Mexico 





四十六歲的青年才俊,繼 Ed Harris 之後,又一位本日生的傑出人物!









I was 8 when I saw Ladri di biciclette (1948), and it was the first black-and-white film I had ever seen. It triggered my curiosity to start seeing European cinema. 



When I was 7, I saw The Making of 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' (1970). Hearing George Roy Hill talk about all the choices he made, I knew that directing movies was what I wanted to do. 



I remember seeing Death and Venice 40 times one year, and then switching my allegiance to Godard after seeing Masculine/Feminine! I knew early on that I was a nerd and that films were my refuge. 



Those first few minutes before the lights went off, and you're alone in the theater waiting, were really pleasurable. 



Whether it was Steve McQueen, the coolest guy in cinema, to Robert Altman's strange and wonderful 3 Women (1977), I saw hundreds of films before I ever picked up a camera. I believe I took something away from each one.

















沒有留言:

張貼留言