2007年9月21日 星期五

Chloë Sevigny talks about Nicki
























Stirring the Pot









So Big Love can be hard to characterize. How do you describe it to people? 



三棲大丈夫有點難介紹,妳會怎樣跟朋友推薦這系列影集?









I always say, well it's a family drama, but there are three wives. [Laughs] So everything that you would see in a family drama, the love and hate and sex, is there in three generations, which I think is one of the strong points about our show. You have the elders and their storyline, then you have the sister wives, then you have the teenagers. So there is just so much there - it's so dense. 



我都說這是個家庭劇,只不過老婆有三個。哈哈!從三個世代的角度呈現任何家庭劇該有的愛恨糾葛,以及床笫風雲,這是在其他作品比較少見的。你可以看到公公婆婆的故事,三個老婆之間的故事,還有小朋友的故事。所以我們想放的東西可真不少!









When you were first reading the script, did you always see yourself playing Nicki and not the other wives?



接到劇本時,妳總是把自己當作二老婆妮琪看待,而不是大老婆或是小老婆嗎?










Oh, yeah. I spoke to Mark and Will, the creators, early on, and they said they had me in mind for the part of Nicki when they were actually conceiving the project. 



是的。馬克和威爾,也就是製片,說妮琪就是寫給我演的。









That was kind of ambitious of them, since you had never committed to a television series before. 



他們蠻有勇氣的,畢竟三棲大丈夫是妳第一次在小螢幕和大家見面。










No, but I was the first person cast. For me, the hardest part was having to sign on for a possible six seasons, especially because I live in New York City and the thought of having to be in Los Angeles six months a year was really disheartening. That was also the hardest part of shooting the series — having to be out here.



是沒錯,但我可是最早確定的角色。綁六季的合約讓我當初考慮很久,尤其人住紐約,一年就有六個月的時間要待在洛杉磯,一點也不好玩。









So has it been worth it, so far?



所以,目前為止還算值得嗎?








 

I think it's been the most fulfilling acting experience I have ever had in my life. I'm really excited about going back and doing more. But the California part is hard. 



這大概是我演藝生涯最有成就感的經驗了。整個過程實在太令人興奮了,但我還是比較喜歡紐約。









What made it so satisfying?



能否進一步說明?










I think having a different director every episode. And also just the nature of the character and how complex she is. For half of the season my character is manic and I have never been anything near to that before. So it was very challenging. 



每集的導演都是不同人,妮琪這角色本身所具有的深度。這季妮琪有一半的時間脾氣都不是很好,對沒演過類似角色的我是個挑戰。









Can you talk a little bit about what life was like on the set for you? 



多說些拍攝期間發生的事情。









I actually became very close with Ginnifer and Jeanne, my sister wives on the show. And the younger kids kind of come to me for advice, about different aspects of their life. So it did feel like a family. The writers and producers' rooms are right next door to the stages, so they were always right there on hand if we needed any insight into any scenes or anything, which was very comforting, especially since we had a different director for every episode.



我現在跟大老婆還有小老婆變好朋友,小朋友也把我當心靈導師,整個片場就像個大家庭。製片和編劇的房間就在舞台旁邊,所以我們有什麼問題都可以隨時和他們討論,每集都得面對新導演時,更能體會其重要性。









What kind of stuff did you talk to the younger actors about? 



妳都跟小朋友聊些什麼?









Well with Amanda, who plays the teen daughter, we talk about her career and being an actress in Hollywood, and all the difficulties that go along with that — auditioning and that sort of stuff. And Doug (Ben) and I talked a lot about music, 'cause he is getting into all kinds of different music, and I am a big fan, so we traded CD's and talked about his love life and things like that.



亞曼達和我會聊生涯規劃,如何在好萊塢當個演員,試鏡等等的。道格和我都很喜歡音樂,我們會交換專輯,不然就是聊道格和女朋友相處得怎樣。









So is there anything about a polygamist family that you think is appealing?



一夫多妻大丈夫制度有吸引妳的地方嗎?










[LAUGHS] Um... I think having other women around would be really appealing to me. Sharing the child rearing and chores and whatever else. Just to always have companionship with other women would be nice. But if people want to practice polygamy, who am I to say anything? I think that's what's great about America, is you can practice any religion. It's unfortunate though when it's forced upon young people, and that's when I really have the biggest problem with it.



哈哈!這個嘛……我覺得跟其他女人共事一夫是件很有趣的事情。小孩,家務事,諸如此類,有人作伴真的很好,但我該找誰說心裡話?美國偉大的地方在於你我有選擇任何宗教的自由,不過這對小孩是比較不公平的,這也是我比較不能接受的地方。









Aside from the abusive types, what do you think would be the hardest thing about that lifestyle?



說真的,妳認為一夫多妻最困難的部份是什麼?









Well, sharing your man. [LAUGHS] I could never do that, I am too jealous. In my own life, I'm incredibly jealous. And I think that comes through in Nicki. 



眼睜睜看著老公和其他女人上床,哈哈。我永遠也做不到,我太愛吃醋了。在現實生活中我是個醋罈子,就跟妮琪一樣。









Yeah, Nicki is kind of scene stealer.



嗯,妮琪搶戲搶得很兇喔!










Is she? I don' t know. She definitely likes to [LAUGHS] stir the pot. I used to hear about actors saying stuff like 'the part was torturing me, I couldn't do it anymore.' And I was like, 'Oh, whatever.' But by the end of the season, Nicki was just driving me insane. She was just so manipulative. I felt like, can't you just be sympathetic for once?



是嗎?我不知道,她是很想紅啦,哈哈!我覺得自己算是那種老神在在的傢伙,但妮琪到最後真的快把我搞瘋了。她心機有夠重,偶爾有點同情心是會要妳命還是怎樣?









[LAUGHS]



哇哈哈!









I was having breakdowns on the set, saying 'I don't want to do this anymore. [LAUGHS] Can't you write me a nice scene?'



我當時崩潰了:「我再也受不了了!我想做個好老婆!」









So do you think we will ever see a Nice Nicki?



那我們有機會見識到賢妻良母版本的妮琪嗎。










I am looking forward to more of a softer side of Nicki... We'll see. 



個人是很希望妮琪人變溫馴點……等著瞧!

















252x190_nikki06 ←「我不想成為好萊塢巨星。」



biglove1 ← Chloë Sevigny 做二老婆,三棲大丈夫復何求?



























Are You a Nicki?



很有趣的小遊戲。



nicki  耶!我是妮琪。



有時候表現得自私而冷酷,對家庭和另一半百分之百投入 

   -- 而且妳知道如何爭取自己想要的。









Nicolette "Nicki" Grant 



Played By Chloë Sevigny



Relationships:

Bill Henrickson - Husband 

Barbara Henrickson - Sister-wife 

Margene Heffman - Sister-wife 



Sister-wife,視老公的妻太如姊妹,很有意思的稱謂。
 



Bill's second wife, Nicki, is the daughter of Juniper Creek compound leader Roman Grant and Adaleen Grant, one of his many wives. When she hit her early 20's, Nicki moved to suburban Salt Lake City and to help Bill and Barb Hendrickson with child care, and soon became Bill's second wife. Entrenching herself further into the family, Nicki bore two of Bill's children, Wayne, now 4, and Raymond, 3, though she has never completely shed the prairie garb and braids of life on the compound.



Book-ended by Margene's youthful naiveté and Barb's mainstream aspirations, Nicki frets over the family moral course and does her best to correct it, whether that means tough-love confrontation or not-so-subtle manipulation. 


















1 則留言:

  1. 原來已經簽了六季!
    還有,她真的很愛紐約耶!

    回覆刪除