2008年6月20日 星期五

[問答] Chloë Sevigny by Selma Blair 妮 琪 小 賤 人












Interview Magazine May 2006



Chloe Sevigny’s taste for all things bold - in the roles she picks, the choices she makes, and the clothes she wears - set her apart from the start. And in an era when the debate over "traditional values" is scarier than ever, she’s still bucking convention. Chloe Sevigny, 31, is interviewed by actress Selma Blair in the May 2006 issue of Interview Magazine. Read the full article after the jump!

















SELMA BLAIR :: In what part of Los Angeles do you shoot your new TV series, Big Love?

小克,請問妳在洛杉磯哪裡拍攝三妻大丈夫?




CHLOE SEVIGNY :: In Santa Clarita.

聖塔克雷利塔,阿佛利卡邦邦塔 (Africa Bambaataa)。



SB :: Where the fudge is that?

那是什麼鬼地方。



CS :: Have you ever been to Magic Mountain?

台北俗,妳去過魔山嗎?



SB :: Oh, my God. It’s up in Valencia?

遠在瓦倫西亞天際,對吧!






CS :: Yes. It’s a 45-minute drive to and from Hollywood.

是的。片廠出發來回車程四十五分鐘。



SB :: It really looks like Utah on the show.

妳乾脆支持猶他爵士隊好了。




CS :: Every day we shot for at least 10 hours. Five days a week for six months. It’s the most I’ve ever worked in my entire life. It’s the first time I felt like I really earned the money I made. It’s very taxing when you’re doing an episode every two weeks. It’s a lot of shooting.

每日工作時數十小時起跳,一週五日為期六個月。肝快暴斃。兩個禮拜拍一集,時機歹歹錢歹賺,不過這也是小克第一次感受到錢歹賺滋味。



SB :: Was there certain underwear you had to wear on the show?

拍三妻大丈夫導演有指定妳穿某種款式的小褲褲嗎?



CS :: It’s the kind that Mormons wear.

摩門款式小褲褲。



SB :: But you’re not a Mormon on the show.

但妳在戲裡並非摩門教派。




CS :: No. We’re polygamists. We’re more like Mormon fundamentalists. We’re shunned. We can’t go into the temples, and the Mormons don’t acknowledge us as Mormons—or Latter-day Saints, as they prefer to say.

的確不是,我們是 4p (3+1) 教派。我們比較接近摩門基本教義派。我們遠離塵囂,不去教堂,因為摩門教徒不承認我們是摩門教徒,或者說末世聖徒教會,他們比較喜歡別人這樣叫。



SB :: Your character dresses pretty fundamentally.

妳在戲裡穿著保守。(一點也不像妳平常花枝招展的騷樣)




CS :: I do.

是的。(沒辦法誰叫我是時尚肖像小克)



SB :: Your braid on the show is perfect!

妮琪小賤人的辮子超可愛!




CS :: My own hair’s not that long. I had a little help with some extensions. But I didn’t want to cut my hair. The fundamentalist women who live on these compounds never do. They believe their hair is their crown.

我承認有接髮,但也不想剪掉。基本教義派女性視頭髮為皇冠,所以都從來不剪頭髮。



SB :: Polygamy is illegal, but you don’t go to jail.

一夫多妻制違反美國憲法,但妮琪小賤人不必因此進看守所。




CS :: No. The problem with polygamy is that the people aren’t being prosscuted. These young girls grow up not knowing anything else or anyone outside of their community and have no way of escaping this lifestyle. The list goes on and on about how these women and girls are preyed upon, and the incest, and God knows what else. In these compounds even some of the law enforcers are practicing polygamists. So there’s nobody to make arrests. I don’t know where they’re going to take the story. We didn’t get to read the whole season early on. We basically read episode by episode. When we first shot the pilot, I said, "Oh, I’m going to play this character like she’s really lazy." And then in the next episode, I was fixing a garbage disposal. I love that! I wish I had known about my mechanical abilities earlier; I would have worked that in somehow. You really have to stay on your toes, because they throw stuff at you. 

妮琪小賤人不必因此進看守所。一夫多妻制的眉角在於,那些壞蛋根本不怕被起訴。少女們成長過程與世隔絕,無法認識社區以外的少男,連逃生基本技能都相當欠缺。世代永流傳,少女們被壞蛋意淫,伍迪亂倫,阿密陀佛。社區裡有些執法者自己也親身實賤一夫多妻制,所以壞蛋不會被逮捕。不知道他們要怎麼拍這故事,我們只能一集一集閱讀劇本,對整季大綱沒有概念。拍第一集時,我說:「妮琪小賤人將會被我詮釋得很慵懶。(因為我本人就很慵懶不用花心思用演)」第二集就被指派修理垃圾,酷炫!早知道平時就多加強理工常識,修理垃圾也是講究天份的。妳必須戰戰兢兢,隨時有新任務等著挑戰。















SB :: How do you see your character?

妳覺得妮琪小賤人真的是個小賤人嗎?




CS :: She’s likable, but she’s also the character you love to hate. She stirs up trouble.

她也沒那麼賤啦!但妮琪小賤人就是那種讓人愛恨交織的角色,麻煩製造者一枚。



SB :: Well, that should keep it interesting. This is your first TV series.

希望會很有趣。三妻大丈夫是妳的小螢幕處女作。




CS :: It is. But I did do an after-school special when I was a child. I was just an extra on the playground. The show was about a young girl who buys a bunny—she always goes to the vet to play with these bunnies—and a man molests her.

的確。小時候不擅長戶外活動,放學就回家當宅女看電視。(當時沒有電腦) 我很愛看一個小女孩整天帶小棕兔 (哈) 看獸醫的節目,結果獸醫伯伯非禮小女孩。



SB :: They don’t do after-school specials like that anymore.

現在獸醫伯伯非禮小棕兔率應該正逐漸降低。




CS :: [laughs] Oh, no!

佛祖保佑。



SB :: They don’t do the real thing anymore. Eating disorders are about as deep as they go.

人們不再腳踏實地。現在小女孩都想當骨感妹妹。



CS :: I know.

同感。



SB :: A few years back, when you had your Oscar nomination for Boys Don’t Cry [1999], people thought of you as this iconic fashion girl. A glamour girl. People pigeonholed you as this indie kind of actress. And now you go and do Big Love, where you’re the most simple, the most basic, honest person, a young married woman who happens to have two sister-wives. There’s no categorizing you in the new show. Meanwhile, your co-stars are amazing. Did you love them?

幾年前妳以男孩別哭提名小金人,人們把妳當時尚肖像膜拜,小克,把妳歸類在獨立製片小甜心。現在妳洗盡鉛華當個二老婆,最單純最基本最誠實的二老婆,一位正好有三女共事一夫的二老婆。人們不再試圖打造妳的新形象。順道一提,三妻大丈夫卡司真強,不是嗎?



CS :: Mmm.

呣呣。



SB :: Just say yes. You’re supposed to lie if you don’t.

少在那裡故弄玄虛!不喜歡就大膽說出來。




CS :: No, I do! I do love them! Especially Jeanne Tripplehorn. I shouldn’t pick favorites, should I? We had a great time making the show. It’s been around two years in the making. After we shot the pilot we had to wait for a year. It’s been a long haul for all of us. We all still get along.

我是真的很愛他們呀!尤其是大老婆,個人喜好不該被表達出來,對吧?我和大老婆合作無間,目前大概拍了兩年,拍完第一集得等上一年,這段期間元配二妾依然相處愉快。



SB :: What’s been the best thing about doing the show?

參與三妻大丈夫最酷的事。




CS :: Having a great role to play, finally. I’ve been doing all these bit parts since Boys Don’t Cry, and I’ve been really frustrated with the competition.

妮琪小賤人這偉大角色終於被我逮到了。男孩別哭之後就不斷爭取好角色,小克真的累了。



SB :: I always thought of polygamists as being so backward, and here you’re portraying a family that’s strangely functional. They seem to have the same kind of morals that I might have—if I had morals, [laughs]

總覺得一夫多妻制是如此倒退嚕,而小克正身處怪咖家庭。怪咖家庭似乎遵循著某種我可能有的道德價值觀,如果我有那種東西的話。(哈)




CS :: People are going to be very confused by the show for those reasons.

或許這正是人們對於三妻大丈夫感到疑惑的原因。



SB :: That’s what I love about it. It’s hard to judge these people when they’re in their own community. They don’t resemble the weird environment they come from, which is very Mafia-like. Given your character’s background, how did she come out as normal as she did? She’s shopping in catalogues and everything—it’s sad that that’s what makes her normal, [laughs]

吧吧吧吧啦!三妻大丈夫社區裡的人們不能以大眾眼光評論,他們不屬於他們的原生之地,黑手黨氣息的原生之地。就妮琪小賤人家世背景來看,她怎麼會如此正常?看購物型錄等等的,妮琪小賤人不能不正常一點嗎?




CS :: Is that normal? I think she’s trying to fill some kind of void, like we all do. I call it retail therapy.

那很正常嗎?我認為妮琪小賤人只是想填補空虛,就和二十一世紀現代人沒什麼不同。姑且稱之為型錄治療法。















SB :: Your character grew up in a communal atmosphere. What was your own childhood like?

妮琪小賤人成長於社區氣息濃厚的社區。聊聊小克的童年。




CS :: Really idyllic. I grew up in a small town in Connecticut, and I have a very close-knit family. My father passed away, but I speak to my mother every day on the phone, and my brother lives three blocks from me.

和大自然合為一體。小克成長於康乃狄克小鎮村,家人感情很好。父歿,小克日日與母電話聯繫,兄 (弟) 為三街外鄰居。



SB :: Do you still enjoy going out?

喜歡趴趴走嗎?




CS :: Not so much. I go out once a week. I’m really out of practice at Hollywood shindigs, where the chatter is basically "nonversations."

不是很喜歡。我大概一個禮拜出去一次,我真的不是很喜歡好萊塢社交聚會,盡扯些狗屁倒灶言語無味。(我是宅女我很有深度)



按:或許這是小克沒有大紅大紫的原因之一。



SB :: Speaking of Hollywood, how do you feel about all the tabloid magazines?

說到好萊塢,妳對於水果日報有什麼看法。




CS :: I don’t appear in them that often. When I do they’re usually taking a dig at my personal style, which can be hurtful. But I’ve learned to laugh it off. For some reason I keep getting photographed in the parking lot at [West Hollywood restaurant] Hugo’s. And I am always wearing short skirts, which always seem to be blowing up. [laughs] There are all these photos online of my panties!

反正他們也對我沒興趣。當他們對我有興趣的時候通常是對小克個人特色加以挖苦的時候,小克也是人。不過小克學會強顏歡笑。不知道為什麼他們總愛躲在雨果 (西好萊塢餐廳) 停車場偷拍我。而我好死不死都穿小短裙出現在雨果停車場,看起來像是內褲被偷窺狂。(哈) 然後小克的內褲就這樣佈滿各大情色網站貼圖區!



按:(筆記) dig 當名詞是識貨,動詞則是挖苦。 



SB :: Did you ever study acting?

妳有學過方法演技嗎?




CS :: I did, but I don’t think it counts. I went to theater camp every summer of my childhood at the local YMCA and then at the local elementary school.

多多少少但也不太算。小時候曾經參加基督教青年協會舉辦的劇場夏令營。



SB :: What was your favorite production you put on at the YMCA?

最畢生難忘的演出經驗。




CS :: Probably The Wizard of Oz.   

我會說綠野仙蹤。



SB :: Were you Dorothy or the Lion?

桃樂絲還是統一獅。



CS :: I was the Scarecrow. I was Annie in Annie’, I was Annie Oakley in Annie Get Your Gun; and I was Aunt Eller in Oklahoma!

稻草人。我是安妮的安妮;飛燕金槍的安妮歐克莉;奧拉荷馬!的愛勒姑姑。



Annie

Annie Get Your Gun

Oklahoma!



SB :: So you sang.

所以妳會唱歌。(嗎?)



CS :: I sang a lot better when I was a child, but all my friends encourage me to sing. I’m quite good at mimicking other people’s voices.

小時了了大未必佳,但友人仍鼓勵小克繼續開金嗓。我是女費玉清。



SB :: You could play one of the Andrews Sisters.

妳可以報名安德魯姊妹。



The Andrews Sisters



CS :: [laughs] I’d really like to do a musical.

(哈) 我真的很想演個音樂劇。



SB :: Did you ever play a sport?

有在運動嗎?



CS :: Softball.

壘球。



SB :: No.

別說笑。




CS :: Yeah, I was really good!

請相信我,小克很罩。



SB :: I thought maybe lacrosse or something, out there in Connecticut.

原本以為是長曲棍球,康乃狄克在玩的。




CS :: I didn’t play any of the really preppy sports. No field hockey for me. When I was a high school freshman, I started on the softball team, but halfway through the season I quit. I fell in with an older crowd and was more into running around with them than having to stay after school to play softball.

那是學長姊在玩的。小克還是高校新鮮人時,參加壘球隊,半途而廢。小克偏好和老人跑步,非放學練習壘球。









請見下篇:小鉗子的妙用

















沒有留言:

張貼留言