2009年3月2日 星期一

Atavistic & Atavism






atavistic
















atavistic



Y

【生】隔代遺傳,返祖現象



D



–adjective 

of, pertaining to, or characterized by atavism; reverting to or suggesting the characteristics of a remote ancestor or primitive type. 





007 

"It’s very atavistic… is that the right word? That this happened or is like this because of that?" But might there be some truth to that line of thought? Weisz chooses her words carefully. "It’s such a hard thing to sum up. The best way to describe my parents and our family is… operatic



Everything played out in a very melodramatic way, as if we were
the stars of a Tennessee Williams play, which is not actually that good for acting. It would be good for opera, but sadly, I can’t sing. If I had a million-dollar voice, I could nail opera, because I understand that emotional level of living. 



But with acting, you have to learn that it’s all about very quiet, internal moments. I think I was pretty crap at acting in the beginning because I was too operatic, and it’s taken me a while to learn how to tone that down." 



(It’s worth mentioning here that
Weisz will inhabit the role of Blanche DuBois this summer in a London production of A Streetcar Named Desire.) 





condescend

He would not condescend to [misrepresent] the facts. 

He condescended to [their] intellectual level in order to be [understood].  

descend

He is descended [from] Confucius.

progeny

scion 

fetus 

pedigree 

hereditary

And what if you have kids? It can be hereditary.

Tenacity


















沒有留言:

張貼留言