2009年3月18日 星期三

[語錄] Vincent Gallo:我怎麼可能是一個自戀狂?
















Apr 11, 1962 - Buffalo, NY



Is a big music enthusiast. Is often quoted as saying he owns over 15,000 albums.



Parents emigrated from Sicily.

Italian-American.



Was engaged to Italian actress Asia Argento in 1998. 600full-asia-argento

















"I'm the happiest the saddest guy in the world can be."



我是這世界上最歡樂的鬼見愁。





"I came to New York to be a legend, and within five minutes of realizing I was an interesting kid and other people thought so, I had given myself a nervous breakdown. I was 26 years old before I knew what it was like to have an ordinary day."



我到紐約是為了成為傳奇。五分鐘之內了解到我是個奇異小子,而別人也這麼想,我精神崩潰了。到二十六歲才知道平淡一日是如何度過。





"I'm not a very popular person. I was pushed to show the unfinished version of Brown Bunny in Cannes, against my judgement. And even though a lot of negative reaction to the film came from not setting up the presentation very well, I still felt responsible and disturbed. But Europeans are animals. Who cares?."



我不是個受歡迎的傢伙。我在坎城被迫放映未完成版本的小棕兔,有失精準。即使惡評如潮是衝著未完成版本,我仍舊感到該負責任與內心動盪不安。但歐洲人都是動物。誰鳥他們?





There's nothing self-gratifying about knowing you've played a performance where people may easily dislike the character and associate it with you. There's nothing fun about having people suspicious about why you're making work. I'm clearly not networking or making a bid for popularity. I'm following another motivation, and it's not as a provocateur. It's because I'm blinded, like an idiot, by wanting to preserve and express an insight that I have, or an aesthetic that I believe in. I forget that people react to me personally as the representative of that. Did you see a credit for hair and makeup? How can I be a narcissist? I've never even had hair and makeup done for me on a film. I don't even know what I look like as I'm filming. - on being called a narcissist.



知道演了個容易被人討厭,且投射到自己身上的角色,並不是什麼令人安慰的事。讓人質疑拍片動機一點也不好玩。很顯然地我沒好好經營人際關係。我受到另一個動機所驅使,而非做個挑釁者。那是因為本人眼盲,像個敗池,妄想呈現一種屬於我的觀點,或信奉的美學。我忘記人們的攻擊是刻意針對我。你有看到髮型和化妝的職稱嗎?我怎麼可能是一個自戀狂?我從來就未在電影裡特別設計髮型和彩妝。我甚至不知道我上不上鏡頭。(關於自戀狂原罪)





"I don't drink any coffee or take any drugs and I don't smoke cigarettes and I don't eat sugar and I don't take any medicine at all. I eat a lot of fish, vegetables, and I stay away from starches. I'm not so sure my eating behavior is responsible. I look like someone who takes drugs, so I refuse to take even aspirin in order to contradict my appearance. But I like the color brown. Oh, and I don't eat dairy. And I sure do like the color brown. And pink. Pink and brown. If I had to choose, pink would lose."



我不喝任何咖啡或吃藥,我也不抽煙不吃糖,任何藥物都敬而遠之。我攝取許多魚類,植物,疏離澱粉。我不太確定我的飲食習慣是對健康負責的。我看起來像個成癮者,所以我為了表裡不一連阿司匹林都拒絕。但我喜歡咖啡色。還有,我不吃乳製品。我很肯定我喜歡咖啡色。以及粉紅色。草苺小棕兔。若要二選一,小棕兔勝出。





"I never wanted to be an actor. I never want to be an actor. I want to be a movie star. The whole idea of having to act is too gruesome. It's too ambitious for me."



我從來就不想當個演員。演員從來就是不是我想當的。我想當個電影明星。想演戲這點子太令人膽顫心驚。那對我來說有些過於野心勃勃。





"I told you, I'm an extremist. Even in art, if my work wasn't 50 times more interesting than me and my petty life, it would be useless."



我告訴你,本人是個極端主義者。即使在藝術領域,如果我的作品沒有比我和我的瑣碎生活有趣五十倍,一切都是枉然。





"I'm so in love with the United States. Not as a patriot. I'm in love with America like it's my first girlfriend. The geography, the people, the smell, the touch, the taste, the gas stations. I'm madly in love with America. Madly in love. And I was the guy that people used to say, "He's so European." I mean, I never felt like that. I don't relate to those monkeys. I just can't relate to them. I'm a super American--Captain America."



我愛死美國了。不是愛國者那種愛。我愛美國就像愛初戀情人般。這地理環境、這人民、這氣息、這觸感、這味道、這加油站。我瘋狂愛著美國。瘋狂愛著。而我是那種被人家說「他是歐洲人。」的人。我是說,我從不那樣認為。我和那些猴子沒什麼關係。我就是無法和他們連結。我是個超級美國人—美國隊長。





"The good thing about bicycling is that, since I'm a public figure, I don't have to interact with people. If I walk from here to West Broadway, 50 people will stop me. On my bike, I can just wave. More public figures should ride bikes. It's a good way to deal with people."



騎腳踏車的好處就是,身為一個公眾人物,我不必和路人互動。如果我從這漫步到西百老匯五十,人們會阻礙我。乘著單騎,我可以呼嘯而過。更多公眾人物應該騎腳踏車。這是處理人際關係的好方法。





"My parents took an interest in nothing, at home no books, no records. My mother and my father are the emblem of indifference, dryness and bad taste. My father is also terribly stingy, in life as well as in feelings: I have never seen him filling up the bathtub. To save, he used to put the water 4 inches from the bottom. At home everything was ugly, casual, lacking in love, from furniture to clothes, to behaviors..."



我爹娘對什麼都沒興趣,家裡沒有書也沒有唱片。我爹和我娘是漠不關心、枯燥無味和低俗品味的象徵。我爹極度吝嗇,不管是生活還是情感:我從沒看過他填滿浴缸。為了節能,他只加到離底部四吋高。家裡什麼都很醜陋、隨便、貧愛,自傢俱至服飾,到行為……





"I became an actor, because of Danny Bonaduce on the Partridge Family. He's tremendous, so funny and brilliant, and we seemed around the same age, I felt I should be on a show with him. We could have done a good spin-off, the Danny Bonaduce, Vinnie Gallo show, da-da-da-da- da di da da."



我成為演員是因為【松雞家族】的丹尼波納度。他是如此強大,如此逗趣與傑出,而且我們看起來年紀差不多,我應該和他一起上節目。我們可以來個【丹尼波納度與文森蓋洛的歌廳秀】答答答答答滴答答。



Danny Bonaduce 1959~





"I feel very happy that Bush is our president. One way that you can tell we have a good president, is by how much the French dislike him. The more the French hate him, the better he must be. And they hate this one."



我對於布希是我們的總統感到很高興。描述我們的總統有多好的一種方法,就是看看小法有多討厭他。小法越討厭他,他就有多棒。而小法恨死這位總統了。



按:這傢伙支持小呼吸的原因大概是想機歪歐洲人。
















































文森蓋洛在 02:45 長達半分鐘的獨白相當精采!









Vincent Gallo for H&M Spring 2009















































1 則留言:

  1. 看到Michael Stipe + Heath Ledger非常興奮
    還有把到傑克白的女人Karen Elson

    版主回覆:(07/06/2012 04:18:01 PM)


    原來左邊這位叫 Karen Elson 呀!感謝。(新增圖片)

    回覆刪除