2007年8月18日 星期六

Manhattan (1979)






















Chapter one. 



He was as tough and romantic as the city he loved. Behind his black-rimmed glasses was the coiled sexual power of a jungle cat. 



I love this. 



New York was his town and it always would be.



在那黑框眼鏡背後,是叢林野豹般的性感魅力蓄勢待發,you mean Austin Powers?















Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage. Listen to this example. If the four of us are walking home over the bridge and a person was drowning, would we have the nerve, Would one of us have the nerve to dive into the icy water and save them? 



It's a key question. 



l, of course, can't swim, so I never have to face it.















Tomorrow we'll go to the cinema and I'll show you the Veronica Lake movie. OK? 



OK. Veronica Lake's the pin-up with the red hair?



No, that's Rita Hayworth. Do we have to go over this all the time? 



Rita who? Rita Hayworth. Are you joking with me? 



Course I'm joking! You think I'm unaware of any event pre-Paul McCartney.















IMDb > Veronica Lake



Women in the 1940s (and even Kim Basinger 50 years later for the movie L.A. Confidential (1997)) lost most or all of their hair trying to copy her platinum blonde hair color.



Kim Basinger won an Oscar as "Best Actress in a Supporting Role" for portraying a prostitute who is supposed to look like Lake.



近代和阿姐齊名的搶案就是發生在98年,金貝辛格搶了茱莉安的不羈夜。





麗泰海華絲很天生麗質

The Femme Fatales of Film Noir















But you were so sexy. You were soaking wet from the rain and I had a mad impulse to throw you down on the lunar surface and commit interstellar perversion with you.



伍迪亂倫既變態又深情的告白!我最愛的一段。















Well, how about Vincent Van Goch? 



She said "Van Goch"?!



Or Ingmar Bergman?



You'll get in trouble.

                  

Bergman? Bergman's the only genius in cinema today, I think.



He's a big Bergman fan.



God, you're so the opposite. You write that fabulous television show. It's so funny and his view is so Scandinavian. It's bleak, my God. I mean, all that Kierkegaard, right? Real adolescent, fashionable pessimism. I mean, the silence. God's silence. OK, OK, OK. I mean, I loved it when I was at Radcliffe, but, all right, you outgrow it.



Get her away from me. I don't think I can take too much more of her. She's really a cr...



No. Don't you guys see? It is the dignifying of one's psychological and sexual hang-ups by attaching them to these

grandiose, philosophical issues?



Here we are.



Listen, it was very nice meeting you. It was a pleasure and a sincere sensation, but we have to go. We gotta do some shopping. I forgot.



Hey, listen, I don't even wanna have this conversation. I'm just from Philadelphia, you know. I mean, we believe in God so... OK?



What the hell does that mean? What do you mean?



Well, that...



"I'm from Philadelphia. I believe in God." Does this make any sense to you?



媽呀!(不知道猶太人有沒有什麼特別的語助詞) 費城女人都像她一樣機機掰掰嗎?還汙辱我的偶像,該死的臭婆娘!















Manhattan Script - Dialogue Transcript



IMDb > Manhattan (1979) > Trivia



While this is Woody Allen's least favorite of the movies he has directed, this was the most commercially successful film of his career. He said years later that he was still in disbelief that he "got away with it".









IMDb > Manhattan (1979) > Filming locations


















沒有留言:

張貼留言