2007年8月21日 星期二

People (including Woody Allen) on Bergman on Antonioni
















IMDb > Michelangelo Antonioni > Bergman on Antonioni









Bergman has made great films, I like him as a director. But he has bad taste in movies : he dislikes Antonioni and Godard, but loves Spielberg !! Of course, he likes good directors also : Kurosawa, Bunuel, Fellini, Tarkovsky, Sjöström. 



Kubrick also liked Spielberg very much. It should make you consider that if two of the greatest directors have such a high opinion on Spielberg, he might be really good, even if he is not your cup of tea. 



史匹柏三不五時就被拿出來哭爸。









Don't you know that artists are always the other artists' most ferocious critcs? It's inevitable because they know too much of the same profession, and the more elaborated and personal their own style is, the more categorical their opinions about their colleagues and their hatred, but also their admiration for others.



Well-balanced opinions are only for critics (and that's why they are no artists themselves). And I admire Bergman for speaking his mind, whether I agree with him or not doesn't matter. It's more honorable than all the official luke-warm mutual praise combined with backstabbing and badmouthing each other at small dinner parties.



And don't forget this (from the BBC-obituary):"On one occasion, a critic savaged Bergman's films in a magazine. Not until later did the director reveal himself as the author." 



這席話蠻有見地,八面玲瓏是影評家在做的事,藝術家因為太了解彼此或者是藝術的本質,往往暢所欲言到像是在批評詆毀,其實那是最婉轉也最直接的尊崇。









I laughed when Bergman burned Godard, but now Anontioni?...now I'm thinking he doesn't know much about film; he's made some masterpieces, but I'm sure he knows that, he just can't comprehend other people's work. 



He dislikes also Welles. 



Of course he won't like Antonioni cause his movies are really quiet and subtle while Bergman's most film are heavy-handed and simplistic. Antonioni knew how to create images that communicate while Bergman makes his characters talk about their feelings. Don't even get me started on why he doesn't like Godard...



高達太酷,生長於冰天雪地的柏格曼難以理解挺合理。









Bergman (as much as I love him)- I AM SAD, OK, I'M OLD AND HAVE WASTED MY LIFE, GOD ARE YOU THERE?!?!

Antonioni - *beep* I can't even think of a way to summarize his style "wait, why did that person do that? aw, damn, now I've gotta think about it for a year." 



作者很機車。









以下言論發表自兩人過世以後。









To bad, loved them both. Bergman also disliked Jean Renoir & Truffaut had called Antonioni a man trying desperately to keep up with the youth culture (back in the 60s). It tells you alot who directors like & dislike but that doesn't mean I'm going to hate their work because of it.



And Goddard hated just about everyone else in film. Kinda the Johnny Rotten of film directors.
 



高達誰都討厭,哈哈。









I just wandered in this thread because of the completely creepy coincidence of the subject, which it looks like it has already been pointed out that both directors died within a day of each other.

Not that I'm superstitious, but you guys know how they always say these things happen in threes? You know, like Belushi, Farley, and John Candy? Well, here's 2 foreign film directors who were world-famous and beloved. Again, I think it's just coincidence, but if Jean-luc Goddard should die in the next few months, well, you might just make a believer of me yet...
 



這個人跟我一樣烏鴉嘴。

DON'T SAY THAT!!!









while not very well known, Yang, who some called the Asian Antonioni died about a month ago. 



我不知道楊德昌有亞洲安董的美名耶!

從七月初的楊德昌









配音專家現身!



Final anecdote, leading astray a bit: Woody Allen once said that he likes the voice of his German sound actor much better than his own - and he is right. Woody is a wonderful actor in this special kind of roles he writes for himself, but his voice is awful. There's a slim chance that, had I seen his first films with his original voice, I might not have become the big Woody aficionado I am as his voice really puts me off. Meanwhile I love him enough that I even can stand watching his films with subtitles :)



我不想破壞視覺配置所以沒有全部複製貼上,這篇值得一看!









馬的剩下的文章越來越長,我懶得一一過目了。































Manhattan (1979) reissued 8/19









It's so funny and his view is so Scandinavian. It's bleak, my God. I mean, all that Kierkegaard, right? Real adolescent, fashionable pessimism. I mean, the silence. God's silence. OK, OK, OK. I mean, I loved it when I was at Radcliffe, but, all right, you outgrow it.



No. Don't you guys see? It is the dignifying of one's psychological and sexual hang-ups by attaching them to these

grandiose, philosophical issues?





如果哪天要我觀摩 Woody 的劇本我大概會發瘋吧!一堆知識份子在用的艱深詞彙,某些既口語又文言 (文化隔閡) 的字,例如 Kierkegaard,奇摩字典還未必有收錄。



對柏格曼相當生動的挖苦。話是從戴安基頓飾演的機車費城女口中冒出,但劇本是 Woody 寫的,這也算是大大師小影迷對偶像的一種嘲諷和致敬吧!

















Bergman on Antonioni 

or How Did Monica Vitti Embarrass Jeanne Moreau



















沒有留言:

張貼留言