2007年3月3日 星期六

Quotes from Cate Blanchett (2)










Thank you. I so didn't expected this. I wore a really tight dress that's very ungracious walking up those stairs. Thank you very much, I sort of don't know where to begin. Playing Katharine Hepburn, I absolutely did not expect to be standing here in front of you all. But Hepburn aside, I actually would like to say, as an actor coming from another country to this country, I am so astounded and amazed, and grateful, at the power of the SAG union and what it does for its members. And I hope that other countries, mine own included, you know, is inspired by that - I think it's incredible. (SAG acceptance speech Feb. 5, 2005)



謝謝大家。我真沒想到我會得獎,所以沒有打扮得美美的,實在有失莊重。我辭窮了,凱薩琳赫本,像現在這樣站在大家面前。除了凱薩琳赫本,身為一個澳洲演員,演員工會聯盟讓我受寵若驚。希望其他國家,包括我的國家,也有個演員工會。





 Screen Actors Guild

 















On her disgust of how so many of her Hollywood peers have succumbed to using face-paralyzing Botox: "It's not just women on film, 18-year-old girls feel pressure to do preventative injecting. I see someone's face, someone's body who'd had children and I think they're the song lines of your experience, and why would you want to eradicate that? I look at people sort of entombing themselves and all you see is their little pin holes of terror... and you think, just live your life, death is not going to be any easier just because your face can't move."



打肉毒桿菌很變態耶!現在不只是女演員,連18歲的小女孩都怕自己變成老太婆。那些都是你所經歷過的軌跡,為什麼有人要把它抹平啊?我看那些摧殘自己的人,臉上只有可怕的針孔。一張臉好好的,蹂躪成那樣,都變成木乃伊了啦!

( the song lines of your experience,阿姐真是個詩人。)





 看我的魚尾紋多自然

















"I'm one of those strange beasts who really like a corset."



我是怪胎,我最喜歡穿束腹了。





















"You know, when you see yourself on a big screen, I tend to watch from behind my hands. There is absolutely the regret. You always get that at the end of every project. That's what's great about theater: at least every night you get the chance to go out and re-offend. I'm endlessly disappointed, which is what propels me into the next project, probably, not to repair the damage but to kind of hopefully keep developing. Otherwise there's no reason to keep doing it, is there?"



我每次看到自己出現在大螢幕上就很尷尬。每次的演出就是一次又一次的遺憾,這就是電影院偉大的地方:至少每天晚上可以出門走走,帶著萬分懊悔回家。我真的對自己很不滿意,而那正是我繼續演戲的動力。我不希望彌補什麼,只是想有更好的表現,不然這一切還有什麼意義可言嗎?























( 這讓我想到強尼戴普,他說過:我根本不會演戲,克拉克蓋博才是大明星,我是遜咖。大家只是可憐我,大家只是想看我這好狗運的傢伙能撐到什麼時候。)


































沒有留言:

張貼留言